How do I access the convention through this website?
As a paid registrant for the convention, you have automatic access to view the entire schedule, but there are two more things you have to do:
- Click on the "Attendees Only" link at the top right of this page. In the gray password box, enter CAConvention21 and Click submit.
- On the following page, you will be prompted to click on a large button to access the full convention schedule.
- Once you've done that, there is one more step you have to take. Register for “Sched”, the scheduling platform that contains all the information, links and handouts about sessions. For additional instructions on how to do that, watch this video.
If you need additional assistance, be sure to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is the password to get into the convention schedule?
Great question. If you have already registered for the convention, please reach out to email@example.com and you will be provided with the password.
How do I access the sessions?
All sessions are accessible by hovering over or clicking on the session title in the main schedule. Links will appear 10 minutes before each session is scheduled to begin.
My sessions are showing up out of order. How do I fix that?
At the top of the convention schedule is a drop-down menu called, of all things, "Schedule." Simply click on that and select "Simple," and your sessions will magically reorder themselves in the order they will be happening throughout the day. (Note: you may need to do this each time you access the convention website. It appears to be a bug that we cannot control on our end. Sorry for the inconvenience.)
Is there an app I can use to access the schedule
What is Sched?
Sched is our online scheduling platform that is serving as our main portal to access the convention. All session schedules, access links, session descriptions and downloadable materials such as music and bios are available here. Sched also allows users to customize their schedules and sync with their personal calendars.
How do I use the Sched mobile app?
- Open the app.
- Type "Panim El Panim" into the search bar at the top of the screen.
- Click on the Panim El Panim logo when it appears.
- From here you simply click on any session to view its details
- To access or join sessions, you must "Sign up" or "Sign in."*
How do I make changes to my convention profile?
- Go to https://caconvention2021.sched.com/ and login if prompted to do so with your email and Sched password.
- In the black bar at the top of the screen, click on the round icon in the far right corner.
- Select Settings.
- Scroll down to your profile info and edit as needed.
- Continue scrolling down to the bottom of the page and click "Save Settings" button.
Are the sessions being recorded?
Yes. All sessions will be recorded and available for viewing within a few days after the convention is over.
How long will I be able to watch videos of sessions that I missed?
As a courtesy to all registrants, recordings of the entire convention will be available for approximately 60 days following the conclusion of the convention through the same links as when the sessions were live.
Where can I find recordings of sessions I missed or just want to watch again?
Return to the convention schedule and access the recordings through the very same links you would have used to access the live sessions.
I'm having trouble setting up a Sched account to access the sessions. Is there any other way to access the sessions?
Absolutely. We realize this is a new platform and there will be a learning curve. If, for whatever reason, you just can't get it to work, then keep an eye out for your daily convention email. It will include links to all that day's sessions, plus any announcements for the day.
Why can't I see any links to access sessions?
If you can't see the links when you hover over or click on a session title, it's probably one of two issues:
- You have not yet set up your free Sched account. Please review this video to solve this problem.
- You're trying to log in too early. The link for each session will appear automatically 10 minutes before the session is scheduled to begin.
How do I get the most current version of Zoom?
You can find the latest version of Zoom here or watch this video. (If you already have the Zoom desktop client installed, you can check for updates: Sign in to Zoom desktop client. Click your profile picture then click Check for Updates. If there is a newer version, Zoom will download and install it).
Is the entire convention on Zoom?
No. We are using a combination of different platforms depending on the type of session it is and how much attendee interaction is desired on the part of the presenters. For instance, concerts will be viewed through Vimeo with broadcast-quality graphics and sound. Most sessions will happen on Zoom. Social time and vendor hours will take place on Kumospace. More on that below.
What is Kumospace?
Kumospace is the online social networking platform we have chosen to create opportunities to socialize with each other and visit with our vendors during the convention. Rather than tell you more, our convention team has created a great video to show you how it works.
How do I log into Kumospace?
- The first time you log in, you will be prompted to set up an account consisting of your email, name and password.
- In the next window, you will be able to check that your camera and microphone are working before you enter the space.
How do I move around in Kumospace?
- You can ️click with your mouse or tap on your screen to where you want to go and your video will move to that location.
- You can ️use your keyboard's Up, Down, Left, and Right arrow keys. These keys will move you up, down, left, and right, respectively.
- On a phone or tablet, swipe towards a certain direction. This will move you in that direction.
Can I have a private conversation in Kumospace?
What is an avatar?
An avatar is just an icon or a small picture of you that represents you in Kumospace. If you have your camera turned on, your avatar will simply be your video feed.
Can I control what I can see in Kumospace?
How can I find my friends on Kumospace?
How do I go from room to room in Kumospace?
We have a lot of rooms set up, so make sure you explore. There are vendors, regions, and interest groups of all kinds. All you have to do is click on the Exit button back at the bottom of the room. This will bring you back to the waiting room. You can now see all the rooms in the space. Just click on another room to enter it. You'll even take your virtual drink with you!
How do I actually leave a room in Kumospace?
To leave the room, click the Exit button to leave the Kumospace, which is located near where you entered at the bottom center of the space. Alternatively, you can just close out the browser tab, and disappear. Just make sure you say goodbye first so you don’t just vanish.
Can we create new rooms in Kumospace?
If you have an idea for a room, write to firstname.lastname@example.org anytime during the convention (or before) and she will add the room (welcoming students, cooking cantors, cantors who like cocktails, etc). Look for regional meetings one day, and special interest groups another day. Vendors will be around in separate rooms so go investigate what they have to share and help support them.
Is there a dress code?
If you're really not sure how to dress, you'll never be overdressed with business casual for all concerts, sessions or Kumospace gatherings. No formal attire is necessary except as performers have been instructed by their respective producers.
How do I personalize my convention calendar?
After you've set-up your free Sched account, you will see a small circle to the left of each session title. Select your favorite session by clicking on its circle. There is no limit to the number of sessions you may select, nor do you need to select any sessions in order to attend.
What do I need to know about the etiquette for a virtual convention?
Believe it or not, there's actually quite a bit to it. For a detailed description of how we hope to keep our virtual gathering places safe, respectful and fun, please download and read this Zoom Etiquette in its entirety.
How do I add the convention schedule to my personal calendar?
If you have already set up your free Sched account, you will see a series of icons in the right hand column of your screen. Click on the icon that looks like a mobile phone and scroll down to the appropriate calendar, i.e. Google, Apple or Microsoft, and click on the appropriate link.
Can I print the convention schedule?
Yes. If you're signed into your Sched account, you will see a small print icon to the right of your screen. Simply click on that and print what you need.
How can I get further assistance?
Feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com. We will get back to you as soon as possible. In most cases, within an hour or less.